FAQ's
Downloads
Support Forum
  SnailSource.com [Logo]
Calendar LiteCalendar Lite (Demo)
Calendar ProCalendar Pro (Demo)
LinksLinks Pro (Demo)
RegisterRegister
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages SearchSearch FAQFAQ ProfileProfile MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups Join GroupsJoin Groups

Updating SQL to 1.4.x manually.. (Notes)

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    SnailSource.com Forum Index -> Calendar Lite Support printer-friendly view
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Martin
Site Admin

Hlp* 3655.72
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 10:57 am    Post subject: Updating SQL to 1.4.x manually.. (Notes) Reply with quote Direct link

IMPORTANT NOTE:
The cal_install.php file does all the SQL installation for you and is the ONLY way to upgrade from previous versions of Calendar Lite unless you are happy to wipe your old event data.

If you've already tried installing Calendar Lite by hand or just prefer that approach you need make sure you do (or have done) this lot to make it work...

Updating:
If you're updating from a previous version then you need to follow this..

Apply the SQL code provided in:
- cal_install/schema/mysql_122_to_140_schema.sql
- cal_install/schema/mysql_140_inserts.sql

Then apply the following:
Code:
ALTER TABLE phpbb_groups ADD group_calendar_perm TINYINT(1) UNSIGNED DEFAULT "0" NOT NULL;
ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD user_calendar_perm TINYINT(1) UNSIGNED DEFAULT "0" NOT NULL;
ALTER TABLE phpbb_calendar CHANGE `description` `description` TEXT DEFAULT NULL;

Fresh Install:
If you're starting afresh with a new installation...

Apply the SQL code provided in:
- cal_install/schema/mysql_140_schema.sql
- cal_install/schema/mysql_140_inserts.sql

Then apply the following:
Code:
ALTER TABLE phpbb_groups ADD group_calendar_perm TINYINT(1) UNSIGNED DEFAULT "0" NOT NULL;
ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD user_calendar_perm TINYINT(1) UNSIGNED DEFAULT "0" NOT NULL;

NOTE: Obviously this is only for those who know what they're doing and can apply SQL commands directly to their tables, making adjustments to the table name as required...

Last edited by Martin on Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:16 am; edited 3 times in total
Martin
Site Admin

Hlp* 3655.72
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Direct link

Just to note that version 1.4.1 does not require running the cal_install.php file...

Also there is a known issue with the earliest release of 1.4.0 which mean't a calendar tables and config info were not installed.. This can be fixed by grabbing the latest copy of Calendar Lite and running cal_install.php again and making sure you choose to install or upgrade as you did originally. This should install the missing tables and fields Smile
Ikku

Hlp* 0.10
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Direct link

Many thanks. I was just about to give up too.

I have two phpBB installations and this creates problems with the cookies (I'm still trying to fix that Confused ) so whenever I tried running the install script it logged me out.

Then I was going to do it manually (I prefer that anyway) but the file said not to. But oh well, looks like I win. Wewt.
olo_poland

Hlp* 0.10
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Direct link

Hi
I proceeded with instruction from http://www.snailsource.com/callite/install.html peaceably
I altered all the bundle so as in instruction, wanted to actualization of database the passages the SQL, however after inscription to files the address the cal_install.php nothing does not it appear :{ - check www.stlug.net/olo/zip/modules/Forums/cal_install.php
I tried had added code this which is on site here by hand and I noticed that my database had different structure than proposed by authors. the schedules of forum be call nuke_bb **** that is np nuke_bbusers and proposed by authors this phpbb_users so it can in this problem is? I ask about help.

Martin
www.zip.xx.pl

I installed Calendar lite !
I use phpnuke 6.9 with phpbb2.0.6

Translated with the English Translator 3
nymo

Hlp* 0.10
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: precision Reply with quote Direct link

ok !
For me it works with this ponctuation :

ALTER TABLE `phpbb_users` ADD `user_calendar_perm` TINYINT(1) UNSIGNED DEFAULT "0" NOT NULL AFTER `user_active`;

I spent a lot of time to understand why it doesn't work !
Martin
Site Admin

Hlp* 3655.72
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:50 am    Post subject: Re: precision Reply with quote Direct link

nymo wrote:
ok !

ALTER TABLE `phpbb_users` ADD `user_calendar_perm` TINYINT(1) UNSIGNED DEFAULT "0" NOT NULL AFTER `user_active`;

Whoops.. my bad... I've just updated it to include the semi-colons..
matt316felix

Hlp* 2.00
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Direct link

sorry guys.. ima noob at this but, i dont even have a phpbb_calendar Sad
where do i exactly find information on installing that?!?
Martin
Site Admin

Hlp* 3655.72
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Direct link

matt316felix wrote:
sorry guys.. ima noob at this but, i dont even have a phpbb_calendar Sad
where do i exactly find information on installing that?!?

Read the readme.txt file that comes with the CalLite download... Visit the link included in it marked "Installation" and you will find all the information you need.

I strongly recommend that you don't attempt a manual installation unless you are an experienced php & mySQL user which by your own admission you aren't..
baker

Hlp* 4.00
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: precision Reply with quote Direct link

nymo wrote:
ok !

YOU RULE!
PattyJean78

Hlp* 3.00
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Direct link

You know, it's great to have support forums like this! This was the most difficult mod I have installed so far(by hand). Especially since I edited my database. I learned a lot from the messages and all the great notes & instructions from the staff! Thanks! My calendar is working great! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    SnailSource.com Forum Index -> Calendar Lite Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: