FAQ's
Downloads
Support Forum
  SnailSource.com [Logo]
Calendar LiteCalendar Lite (Demo)
Calendar ProCalendar Pro (Demo)
LinksLinks Pro (Demo)
RegisterRegister
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages SearchSearch FAQFAQ ProfileProfile MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups Join GroupsJoin Groups

Blank Page after add (old PHP Version)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    SnailSource.com Forum Index -> Gallery->phpBB2 Integration Support printer-friendly view
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chitech

Hlp* 0.10
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 2:41 am    Post subject: some problems Reply with quote Direct link

My system:
apache 1.3.27
php 4.0.3
phpbb 2.0.3
Gallery 1.3.2
Your Gallery MOD 1.4.1

After I installed Gallery and your mod, everything is working, but when I what to change the album Title or album Description and press save, the page just stay blank and nothing is changed.
I also have problem with uploads, it just try to upload the file (moving arrows), but nothing is transfered.

Please guide me....Thx.
Martin
Site Admin

Hlp* 3655.72
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: some problems Reply with quote Direct link

chitech wrote:
My system:
apache 1.3.27
php 4.0.3
phpbb 2.0.3
Gallery 1.3.2
Your Gallery MOD 1.4.1

Ok the immediate concern I have is with the PHP version you're using... although that may not be the problem...

In fact I checked the requirements and found this from the Gallery requirements page..

Quote:
PHP 4
PHP is a web server module that allows you to create applications using an embedded scripting language. If you're on a Unix box, the odds are good that you'll be able to download PHP easily in either source or binary form for your system. As of this writing, Gallery requires PHP version 4.0.4pl1 or more recent. It has been tested on versions of PHP up to 4.2.2

That's probably the main problem so hopefully once you upgrade you should be ok... I believe PHP 4.2.3 is the latest stable version.
chitech

Hlp* 0.10
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Direct link

Sorry...I am using php 4.2.3
Martin
Site Admin

Hlp* 3655.72
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Direct link

chitech wrote:
Sorry...I am using php 4.2.3

ok...

In that case we need to know if Gallery was or is working without the mod...

I'd suggest you re-upload the files that the mod replaces and then test your site using the full url to gallery eg: http://www.yourdomain.com/forum/modules/gallery/

If that works then there may be a problem with the mod which is a little strange but possible I guess.. In which case, if you can turn on debugging mode and provide me with a URL, and login (with admin permission) so I can try and test it to see what's up then that'd help...

If it doesn't then your problem relates to Gallery itself and you'll need to check the Gallery forums for help to fix it... Although I'm sure there might be someone here who has experienced something similar.
uska

Hlp* 0.10
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Direct link

Hi !
I'm having the same problem.

when i use the gallery directly /modules/gallery/ then everything works fine but when i use the embedded version in phpbb2, after uploading the a image i only get a blank image.

my server's versions:

apache: 1.3.27
php: 4.23
phpbb: 2.0.3
gallery: 1.3.2
hack: 1.4.1a (i'll try the 1.4.1 perhaps it'll work better)
Martin
Site Admin

Hlp* 3655.72
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Direct link

uska wrote:
when i use the gallery directly /modules/gallery/ then everything works fine but when i use the embedded version in phpbb2, after uploading the a image i only get a blank image.

Is everything working properly when you upload an image in Gallery on it's own?

Do you have a URL and a test account (PM please) where I can test things...

It'll now be a couple of days before I'm free again as my folks have just arrived for a 2 day visit Smile Oh the trials of family responsibility and visits Wink
koua01

Hlp* 0.10
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Direct link

I'm also experiencing the same problems.

Apache 1.3.23
PHP 4.2.3
phpbb 2.0.3
Gallery 1.3.3
Gallery MOD 1.4.2

When I log in through the gallery (/phpBB2/modules/gallery/index.php) I'm able to add, delete, upload, etc. But when I go through the forum I get a blank page when I try some of the commands (ie uploading photo, edit title, etc). Even with debug turned on, all I get is a blank page. Here are some problems I see:
1. After I try to upload 1 picture. Default was set to 5 so when I clicked on the drop down and selected 1, the page goes blank.
2. After i try to up load 5 picutres I get a blank screen and the uploading window with the two computers just sit there forever.
3. Edit title. After I edit the title and I press save it just shows a blank page.
4. Edit captions. After changing the captions and clicking on "Save and Exit" I get an IE error, "The page cannot be found". I also noticed the address bar read: "http://myserver.com/phpBB2/modules.php"

It looks like I could change permisisons, delete albums, and add albums.

Any help would be great. The MOD looks great and I would definately love to add it to my forum.

Thanks
Martin
Site Admin

Hlp* 3655.72
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Direct link

koua01 wrote:
I'm also experiencing the same problems.

Cheers for the detailed info about the routines that are experiencing problems but unfortunately no-one has been sending me their URL as requested so it's difficult to see what the problem could be...

The other thing is that I got no feedback on either of the first 2 problems as to whether they were ever resolved or not... Makes for frustrating support person that Wink

So, first off try the following:
1. Post a URL so I can check this for myself
2. Try re-uploading the gallery mod files and make sure you're putting them in the right place.
3. Failing that, please PM me some FTP details and I'll see if I can spot what's going on and sort out a fix.

Cheers
Smile
Martin
Site Admin

Hlp* 3655.72
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Direct link

Got this sent by PM (Tsk, tsk...) but the info was relevant and may be useful)

koua01 wrote:
Hi,
I don't know anything about PHP but I thought I go digging around the code to see what I can come up. I think it turns out that those functions (Edit captions, edit title, add photo, etc) will exit at the Hack check. For example, in the edit_field.php the line it will exit at:

if(!$gallery->user->canChangeTextOfAlbum($gallery->album)){
exit;
}

This line will be true because in the canChangeTextOfAlbum function in the /modules/gallery/classes/User.php I added an echo("False"); right before the "return false" line and it printed it out. So I'm assuming that program just exits. Now, since that was the case, in the /modules/gallery/edit_field.php right before that line I added:

echo("Username:");
echo ($gallery->user->getUsername());
exit;
}

Now here is where I am lost due to my very limited knowledge of PHP and web services. Using the edited code above, I log in from my forum, click on the gallery icon->edit title button (or link) the pop-up appears and "Username:koua01" is echo'ed. Correct so far. Now I change the caption and click on "Save" now "Username:Anonymous" is echo'ed now???? I guess I don't know enough to know why in between me clicking the "edit title" button and the "save" button how I am back into Anonymous user? I'll keep on looking. I thought maybe there might be something here that might jump out at you. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Martin
Site Admin

Hlp* 3655.72
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Direct link

koua01 wrote:
Hi,
I don't know anything about PHP but I thought I go digging around the code to see what I can come up. I think it turns out that those functions (Edit captions, edit title, add photo, etc) will exit at the Hack check. For example, in the edit_field.php the line it will exit at:

exit;
}

This line will be true because in the canChangeTextOfAlbum function in the /modules/gallery/classes/User.php I added an echo("False"); right before the "return false" line and it printed it out. So I'm assuming that program just exits. Now, since that was the case, in the /modules/gallery/edit_field.php right before that line I added:

echo("Username:");
echo ($gallery->user->getUsername());
exit;
}

Now here is where I am lost due to my very limited knowledge of PHP and web services. Using the edited code above, I log in from my forum, click on the gallery icon->edit title button (or link) the pop-up appears and "Username:koua01" is echo'ed. Correct so far. Now I change the caption and click on "Save" now "Username:Anonymous" is echo'ed now????

Ok, that's some serious debugging you've done and I have to say I'm impressed that your "limited" PHP knowledge got you this far... *cue: applause*..

What seems to have happened is that somewhere along the line, when I updated the Mod to version 1.4.2, I ended up breaking something or missing something that changed. Bottom line... "Register Globals = OFF" has come back to haunt us again..

I'll get onto this once I've successfully updated my various forums to phpBB2 2.0.4 which is taking some doing but should be finished today.

Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    SnailSource.com Forum Index -> Gallery->phpBB2 Integration Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: