FAQ's
Downloads
Support Forum
  SnailSource.com [Logo]
Calendar LiteCalendar Lite (Demo)
Calendar ProCalendar Pro (Demo)
LinksLinks Pro (Demo)
RegisterRegister
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages SearchSearch FAQFAQ ProfileProfile MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups Join GroupsJoin Groups

functions.php error
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    SnailSource.com Forum Index -> Calendar Lite Support printer-friendly view
View previous topic :: View next topic  
prasinh

Hlp* 0.10
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 4:30 am    Post subject: functions.php error Reply with quote Direct link

I have a problem with my functions.php

every time i edit it, and ftp it up, my forum turns to a blank white screen. i have tried editing it several ways, and nothing. I don't know what the problem is. As of now, i still have my old functions.php, and of course my calendar is not showing up properly.

I am running callite 1.4.1a on phpbb 2.0.3, on MySQL. Any ideas what the problem is?

Here are the forums, if you need anything else, please let me know.

PAO-13 FORUMS

thanks in advance,

prasinh
GoleyC

Hlp* 249.51
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Direct link

What text editor are you using? If you are using anything MS related, you are most likely having a carriage return problem after you hit the enter key.

You should try a text editor that doens't add carriage returns or alter the text in any way other than how you mean to alter it.
prasinh

Hlp* 0.10
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Direct link

I use TextPad.

I have never had problems in the past using it. do you think this is the problem?? Question
GoleyC

Hlp* 249.51
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Direct link

Possibley.... try another text editor to see if it could be the problem. Also, make sure that when you copy and paste, no extra stray characters are getting added to the text string.
prasinh

Hlp* 0.10
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Direct link

ok I will try another editor. And see if it works.
Martin
Site Admin

Hlp* 3655.72
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Direct link

The problem seems to be the version of phpBB2 you are using... I'll go back through my 2.0.3 modd'd distro and see if there's a simple explanation... but I suspect this problem:

http://www.snailsource.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4504#4504

... is the same issue..
prasinh

Hlp* 0.10
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Direct link

I have tried using another editor, and also switching the code several different ways, but EVERY TIME i ftp the functions.php, my boards go blank. I don't know what the problem is. If anyone has any ideas, pleaseeeee hellllpppppp meeeeeeee. Thanks
Martin
Site Admin

Hlp* 3655.72
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Direct link

prasinh wrote:
I have tried using another editor, and also switching the code several different ways, but EVERY TIME i ftp the functions.php, my boards go blank. I don't know what the problem is. If anyone has any ideas, pleaseeeee hellllpppppp meeeeeeee. Thanks

I've had a look at your forum and the issue is definitely a problem with the language file not loading up properly..

Can you post a link to a text version of your functions.php file and I should be able to locate the issue..
prasinh

Hlp* 0.10
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Direct link

Sure, and thanks for all your help. Here is a link to my functions.php as a .txt file:

functions.txt

thanks,

prasinh
Martin
Site Admin

Hlp* 3655.72
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Direct link

Ok part of the problem is that you appear to have made a change that's only phpBB2 2.0.4 compatible...

Code:
if ( !file_exists(@phpbb_realpath($phpbb_root_path . 'language/lang_' . $board_config['default_lang'] . '/lang_calendar.'.$phpEx)) )

In phpBB2 2.0.3 you need to replace that with...
Code:
if ( !file_exists($phpbb_root_path . 'language/lang_' . $board_config['default_lang'] . '/lang_calendar.'.$phpEx))

That might explain the problem... Let me know if it doesn't fix it though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    SnailSource.com Forum Index -> Calendar Lite Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: